Thursday, September 28, 2006

new beginnings, yet again

Again and again and again I begin things. This time, however, hopefully the cycle at least repeats itself a few times. A colleague passed away, far too young, the other day. One of my dearest friends was diagnosed with a tumor (benign, thank god) on his pituitary gland that he's been carrying around for years, which explains many and sundry ailments. Surgery, through the forehead, scheduled for November. And in an hour and a half I teach my first class here at West Coast U. Over-prepared and under-prepared, not sure of what 2 hours quite feels like in terms of material. Playing from the hip, as always, but not wholly confident in my ability (once vaunted) to go on and on, anon. Dunno. Procrastinating. Panicking. Panting. Dying for a cigarette. Back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home